March 03, 2015 2 min read 1 Comment
Do you enjoy patriotic quotes like we do? Here are just a few of our favorites!
1. “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence, 1776
2. “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” - Benjamin Franklin
3. "... ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy
4. "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.” – George W. Bush
5. "I love my freedom. I love my America." - Jessi Lane Adams
6. "A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation’s flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.” - Henry Ward Beecher
8. "My country owes me nothing. It gave me, as it gives every boy and girl, a chance. It gave me schooling, independence of action, opportunity for service and honor. In no other land could a boy from a country village, without inheritance or influential friends, look forward with unbounded hope." -Herbert Hoover
9. "Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country." - Calvin Coolidge
10. "I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." - Abraham Lincoln
11. “True independence & freedom can only exist in doing what`s right.” – Bringham Young
12. “He loves his country best who strives to make it best.” - Robert G. Ingersoll
13. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” - Ronald Reagan
14. “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” - Harry Truman
15. “The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly." - John F. Kennedy
16. "If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag." - Anonymous
Do you have a favorite patriotic quote? Please feel free to share in the comments below! Thanks for reading!
All American Clothing Co.
*Image courtesy of kzinn at morguefile.com