"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."-Elmer Davis
This quote by Elmer Davis says it all. We are the land of the free because of the sacrifices that brave men and women have made for our country. It is because of brave men and women that we Americans can enjoy the freedoms that we have today. We would not even have a nation if it weren’t for men and women who were brave enough to sacrifice their lives. So, in honoring ALL the men and women who have served, we say THANK YOU.
Before Congress changed its name in1954, Veterans Day was known as Armistice Day. Armistice Day marked the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. The armistice was signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany. It took effect at “the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month” in 1918. Since 1954, Armistice Day has since been changed to Veteran`s Day in which all veterans are to be honored for their services and sacrifices. The holiday is celebrated among families and friends as schools, banks, and many businesses close in order to commemorate our Veterans. The businesses that remain open often offer a special sale and free items for the Veterans as a token of appreciation.
If you are wondering how to show and offer tribute to a veteran, here are a number of ways you can do so:
1) Observe a moment of silence at 11:00 A.M. for those veterans who have fought and died while in service.
2) Display and fly an American Flag. The flag could be flown in your front yard, and you can also wear a shirt that displays the American Flag.
3) Say “Thank You” to a Veteranyou may know. This could be a family member, friend, or even a Veteran you don’t even know that you may bump into.
4) Visit the family of a veteran who is serving overseas. This again could be a friend`s family that you may know and would be a great appreciation to both the serviceman and his or her family.
5) Attend a Veterans Day parade. Veterans and current servicemen march or ride in parades celebrating Veterans Day.
These are just a few ways you can offer tribute and thanks for the men and women who have sacrificed their lives so people like us can enjoy the freedoms that we have today. I hope that all of you decide to “thank” a veteran in some shape or form.
Oh, I almost forgot. You could also thank a veteran with a new pair of All American jeans Made in USA if you like!!!
Again, to the Veterans who sacrificed their lives, Thank You. Logan All American Clothing Co.