Day 1: March 26, 20127:00 AM:
7:00 AM - 12:00 noon:
- Departed from All American headquarters.
- Talked potential business ideas with Lawson on the way.
- At the half way point. Stopped at a small diner for lunch to support small business America. Enjoyed a nice pizza sandwich and lunch with Lawson.
- Back on the road again—it was my turn to drive.
- Fell in love with a Ford F 150.
- Enjoyed driving through the hills of West Virginia.
- Caught a glimpse of Antietam and Gettysburg battle grounds—very cool!
- Arrived in Washington D.C.
- Got lost—
- Didn’t fall in love with Washington D.C. rush hour traffic…
- Finally Found Hotel
- Checked in
- Dinner with Roger Simmermaker, officer of the Buy American Projectand author of How Americans can Buy American. Mr. Simmermaker is also an avid speaker and supporter of American Made Manufacturing—and a very nice guy.
- Enjoyed dinner at Brasas rotisserie & Grill.
- Talked about upcoming day at the Conference on the Renaissance of American Manufacturing.
- Back to hotel
- Planned out the next day.
- Did some work until falling asleep.
Thanks for checking in! Stay tuned for day 2 about my first glimpse of all the monuments and landmarks in the city! There were a few surprises for someone who had never been to Washington D.C. before.
Have an All American Day!
All American Clothing Co.