In this segment, I will be interviewing American citizens about the importance of American Manufacturing. As stated before, we are all citizens before we are businessmen, celebrities, athletes, servicemen, or politicians. This segment is a place where all types of American citizens can come together to share ideas, insights, and offer ways to benefit our economy. Notice I said our economy. There are many ways Americans can come together and support a great cause. I hope this is one of them.
Today`s guest is Andrew Schrage, Co-Owner of moneycrashers.com. Money Crashers is a website dedicated to helping people make smart decisions financially.
MoneyCrashers.Com Co-Owner Andrew Schrage
1. Please tell us about yourself. My name is Andrew , and I am the co-owner of personal finance website Money Crashers. I was educated at Brown University, and spent a great deal of time in investment management and the financial services sector prior to my present career. I was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts.
2. Why is American Manufacturing important to you? American manufacturing is important to me because it is one of the backbones of our domestic economy. It’s very important for me to see this sector of our country both recover and improve, which will help the economy as a whole. If you are buying goods that were produced outside the U.S., you are negatively impacting our economy.
3. Where did your passion for USA manufacturing begin? My passion for U.S. manufacturing began at a very young age. My close friend’s father worked in the manufacturing industry his entire life (shipbuilding), and both of my parents always insisted on buying American. This mindset has stayed with me to this day. This passion is also an offshoot of the intense patriotism that exists in my family.
4. How have you expressed that passion throughout your life? The biggest way I’ve expressed my passion for U.S. manufacturing is that I have always purchased American-made products throughout my entire life. From minor purchases such as clothing and small electronics, all the way up to automobiles, if I don’t see “Made in the U.S.A.”, I often will simply pass a product by.
5. What is your favorite quote? My favorite quote regarding American manufacturing and its importance dates back to 1791, and is attributed to Alexander Hamilton. It reads: “Not only the wealth, but the independence and security of a country, appear to be materially connected with the prosperity of manufacturers. Every nation, with a view to those great objects, ought to endeavor to possess within itself all the essentials of national supply. These comprise the means of subsistence, habitation, clothing, and defense.”
I would like to thank Andrew Schrage for taking the time to share his thoughts on the importance of American Manufacturing. I hope you all enjoyed this segment and like Andrew, you will decide to share the importance of American manufacturing with someone you know.
All American Clothing Co.