Ah! Love is in the air as it’s Valentine`s Day Season! I can imagine the love that is filling the air throughout your daily lives as you are rushing to get your loved ones something special. Its important to remember that even though the upcoming holiday is meant for your loved ones, it can also be enjoyed with the love you have for your country. With this being said, I would like to share some reasons why you should also love the United States of America during this time of the year.
- Freedom: We have many freedoms that should not be taken for granted. Most notably, our freedom of speech. We can speak critically of the government, it`s officials, our neighbors, and even the President! We are also allowed to speak on behalf of the things we support to anyone in the country. In other countries, you can be killed for expressing your viewpoints because it is not tolerated or someone doesn’t respect your standing. I enjoy the fact that even though Americans may disagree on certain viewpoints, we are still respectful of each other`s views.
- Opportunity: I am sure you have heard it before, but I`ll say it again. You can accomplish anything so long as you set your mind to it in America. Anyone can grow up to become a president, congressman, a professional athlete, or an entrepreneur. There have been numerous examples of success throughout history in the U.S. that go to prove that anything can be accomplished in this country.
- Rights: According to the U.S. Constitution we have a number of rights as American citizens. Among them are the freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of assembly, and the freedom to bear arms. Also, you cannot forget that we have the right to vote in our local, state, and federal elections, allowing our voices to be heard and to matter.
- American People: Nowhere in the world will you find a country with a more diverse body of culture than that of the U.S. And, there is nowhere in the world will you find a diverse group of people come together as one. After disasters such as 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina people from all over the country offered a hand in coming together to help make a difference and provide support for the families that suffered during each disaster. Americans have always been willing to help their neighbors no matter what the cost. Another beautiful thing that I love about America.
- Landscapes/ National Parks/ Monuments: Our country has been smart enough to set aside large pieces of land for the enjoyment of its people. This is something that is not necessarily practiced in other countries. Places like Yellowstone National Park, the Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore are a staple of American tradition. Americans have visited these locations since for years on family vacations and school field trips. Even though I have never been to any (yet), I would love to visit all of our natural rarities that have been set aside for our enjoyment. Such amazing traditions and beautiful sights to see!
I hope you enjoyed! If I forgot anything, do share! Thanks!
PS. Don’t forget to check out our new I Love USA shirts that just released! They make a nice Valentine`s Day Gift!
- Making a difference: When you find yourself doing something fun, you will never have to work a day for the rest of your life. Let me tell you something, it`s fun to make a difference. At All American Clothing Co, we are making a difference in today`s economy, each and every day with the help of our supporters! Our motto is “Make something happen today” and we work diligently to create American jobs each and every day!
- Creativity: At All American Clothing Co, all employees are given the freedom to come up with new ideas. We will have a meeting once a week where everyone can pitch their viewpoints. Personally, I am given the freedom to do projects on my own and push my creativity to its limits. I am allowed the freedom to pitch new ideas, design new products, write press releases, blog, manage social media sites, come up with promotions for our consumers, and build our website`s SEO(increasing our ranking on search engines). I have never felt “bossed’ around at any point in time other than when the girls (Angie, Carey, and Mary Ann) may come into my office and yell for me because they need a tall person to get a box of clothing down from our shelves or if they need food…
- Telling a story: I have always been a big fan of telling stories. I still get goose bumps when I tell the story of how All American Clothing Co. was started by Lawson Nickol, who was passionate enough to risk his retirement for the benefit of creating better lives for millions of Americans.
- Technology: I have been trusted with our social network platforms such as twitter, facebook, and linked in. I absolutely love brainstorming new ways to connect with our biggest followers. I get to work together with c0-owner BJ Nickol to create new, innovative ways to establish a connection with our followers. It is essential for us at All American Clothing Co. to not just sell our followers clothing, but to establish relationships with them. We enjoy the feedback and ideas we receive from our customers. Many new of our items have been inspired through connections that we have with our customers. I enjoy doing just that.
- The bigger picture: I have always wanted to be part of something bigger than myself. With the unemployment rate in the U.S. around 7.2% (11.1 million), All American Clothing Co. is contributing to the creation of jobs each and every year. When you are contributing to millions of American`s jobs, it is much bigger than anything an individual can fathom.
- Fun : Yes, we do have fun at All American Clothing Co. Again, its fun to make a difference. But, we have more fun than you may think. Our owner Lawson Nickol loves a competitive round of golf, cards, or a game of cornhole. These games get pretty competitive between Lawson, his son BJ, and our employees. Our matches are fairly even, but it`s always fun to beat Lawson in any event. We might have a glass of ‘lemonade’ or two as we play, maybe three or four. Sometimes I`ll lose count of my lemonades and that’s when I start losing! We never play during working hours though. We always play before or after working hours. If we work hard and make something happen, we have fun!
I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I have! Please feel free to share your favorites at your workplace! Thanks!
All American Clothing Co.
In looking at Advertising from a new standpoint, it should be separated in terms of honesty in ethics from entertainment and news. This is because advertising pertains to the lives of millions upon millions of consumers. It is not entertainment where you hear about someone like Brad Pitt`s daily life. It is not your local news, where you are given a set of information on what happened in your local areas. These are both important to the people in the world today, but more people are affected daily by the advertisements that influence their lives and their wallets. Millions upon millions of consumer`s lives are affected daily because of advertising. Advertisements are everywhere and the industry is one of the largest in the world. And of course, consumers who are buying a product want honesty within an ethical advertising process so they receive what they are paying for. With this being said, we understand that YOU the consumer want better ethics and more honesty out of advertisements today. This may come as a result of today`s economy and the outsourcing of American manufacturing over the past decade. We understand your position because we feel the same way. We understand that your trust in ‘American Made’ manufacturing may be in flux, but we are here to make things happen, build a trust with you and our countrymen who care deeply about making a difference in today`s economy. A recent report in Wall Street Journal found that consumers are willing to pay more for an ethically produced product that tells the truth in all advertisements over a cheaper product that lies in their advertisements. We found this to be very surprising, but understood where it is coming from. People want honesty no matter what the cost. The All American Clothing Co. takes pride in knowing that we are providing YOU with a product that is honest and true to its name. We are an American Made clothing company. And, we are proud to say that we are one of the few who are doing the right thing.
All American Clothing
Traceability is all about the ‘truth and proof’ of where your jeans come from in the United States. It is designed to track authenticity in every process involved in manufacturing your jeans from a farmer`s cotton field to the consumer`s closet. Traceability also offers some recognition for hard working Americans like the men and women in cut and sew facilities who are involved in sewing your jeans together. With this being said, we are the first company in the world that can trace your jeans all the way back to the American farmers who grew the cotton that was used in your jean. For the first time, YOU will receive proof your jeans are 100% USA ‘grown and sewn’ by Americans and not by foreign suppliers or manufacturers.
To trace the origin of your All American jeans, click here. This will take you to a section of our website dedicated to traceability. There is a section where you can enter the “traceability number” that comes with your USA made jeans. After this, a map with information will open to show you the exact farm which grew the cotton used in your jeans. If you do not have a pair of our made in USA jeans, there is a number provided as an example so you can test the system. You can also purchase a pair and try this cool feature on your very own jeans!
With the Presidential Election looming within the next few months, a person`s right to vote is more influential now than ever. The Presidential candidates have been making a push in their respective campaigns as some of you have been watching the debates from each candidate, weighing certain issues, and thinking about for whom you will vote. Good for you! Your vote MATTERS, and you should be taking the necessary steps in becoming educated throughout the election on the issues that you care for the most.
On the other hand, there are people in our country who believe that their vote does not matter and their vote doesn’t count. Think if everyone who had a right to vote felt the same way. NOBODY WOULD VOTE. Therefore, no president would cease to exist and Americans would never have a choice on various issues in various levels of government. Think if you didn’t even have the right of choice. You would have no choice as to who is President, who is on the local School Board, and what clothing made in usa you would wear. There are a lot of freedoms that some of us may take for granted when it comes to having the right of choice. It is important to remember that there are people in other countries who do not have the right of choice or the right to vote that if given the chance, would trade places with you.
To give you a demographic on who the primary voters are in our country, here is a list of some important facts you may or may have not known…
- Over half of the registered voters in our country are ages 45 and up.
- In 2008, 92% of the 83.1 million registered voters age 45 and up voted.
- In 2008, 83% of the registered voters ages 18-24 voted, far less than the ages of 45 and up.
- According to these numbers, people who are of ages 45 and up are out voting more, letting their voices be heard more than that of a younger age demographic.
If you have not registered to vote, you can register at your county office until the day before the election. When you register, remember that a form of identification is required. Any form of picture ID will do. You can also vote online at various online voting panels as the election draws nearer. Whichever way you prefer to vote is up to you! Just get out there and vote!
Every January, on the third Monday, we honor one of our nation`s greatest leaders, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. On this day, we celebrate his dream of equal rights for all persons in our nation. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a motivational leader who lobbied for needed change. Today, Dr. King`s dream of equal rights for all persons in America, and the world holds true. Today, we honor one man, with one dream, who changed one nation, and even the world. Today, we celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
In remembering Dr. King`s dream, we would like to encourage all persons to carry out his notion that all persons should be measured not by the color of our skin, but by the content of their character. We would also like to encourage you to practice daily rituals that support equality for all persons. This can be as simple as practicing the “golden rule” in treating people the way you would like to be treated. These practices will continue to strengthen an America that Dr. King had dreamed about. An America where the promises of equality and fairness are available to all!
Happy December 7th! There are only 18 more days until Christmas!
“The average American will spend $700 on holiday gifts and goodies this year, totaling more than $465 billion, the National Retail Federation estimates. If that money was spent entirely on US made products it would create 4.6 million jobs. But it doesn’t even have to be that big. If each of us spent just $64 on American made goods during our holiday shopping, the result would be 200,000 new jobs.” — ABC News
Give someone special the gift of comfort, quality, USA made clothing from All American Clothing Co. We have many items available from tee shirts to blue jeans. You can also warm up someone this Christmas season with our new All American Logo Hoodies and Long Sleeve Tees. Among these gift ideas, All American Clothing Co. has many other items available that will put a smile on your gift recipient`s face!
All American Clothing Co. not only offers you the opportunity to put a smile on someone’s face, but also gives them a great feeling about wearing USA Made clothing! When you choose All American Clothing Co, you support a “USA made” passion that creates and supports more jobs in the United States! So, Christmas shoppers, help raise awareness this Christmas season and let someone feel good about supporting Made in USA each and every time they put on their Made in USA gift.
In the midst of the Holiday Spirit, All American Clothing Co. is giving away free gifts weekly to members who subscribe to our newsletter. To enter our newsletter, go to our front page at www.allamericanclothing.com and enter your email address in the ‘Join Our Newsletter’ box.
All American Clothing Co. is a small business success story in today`s economy. The entire group of employees support a genuine passion for creating USA jobs, American made quality, and a World Class service record. To find out more about the passion All American Clothing Co. carries, follow the company on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanClothing, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/AllAmericanJean, or go to www.allamericanclothing.com.
All American Clothing Co.
Happy Turkey Day! In celebrating Thanksgiving Day we would like to give thanks to you, our customers. Loyal customers like you, who share our passion in supporting the USA, make it possible to provide jobs to many hard-working Americans. We realize that YOU are the reason we are able to put a turkey on the table during this wonderful holiday as we come together with our family and friends.
All American Clothing Co.
(PS: Don’t forget to checkout our 12 Days of Christmas Sale going on NOW!)