In anticipation of this weekend`s ‘Tour De Donut’ in Arcanum, Ohio a local pop up shop will be opening and teaming up with area small businesses to serve good coffee and with a great cause.
Pauline Cates and Mandy Flatter are known in Arcanum as passionate small business owners. Both have been advocates of supporting small business and adding energy to downtown Arcanum. This weekend, the Mother-Daughter duo will be setting up shop with their “Peddling Coffee Shop” during the popular bike race ‘Tour De Donut.’
“The Peddling Coffee Shop” will feature many items that include coffee, water, sports drinks, snacks, bakery food, clothing, jewelry, decorative items and items from their own businesses ‘Re-Threads’ and ‘A Basket Full of Cherries.‘ The event is expected to bring over 2,000 bike riders and families to downtown Arcanum this weekend.
Coffee with a Cause
The “Peddling Coffee Shop” has the support of many Arcanum-based small businesses with a prize raffle for a cause. Many items have been donated by the businesses in the list below for simultaneous prize drawings. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to support The Arcanum Early Learning Center. Tickets for raffle entries start at just $2.00.
The shop is located at 104 North Main St. in Arcanum. The pop up will be open during all ‘Tour De Donut’ activities starting at 5:00 PM Friday evening.
- Troutwine Auto Sales gas card.
- Krimper’s Korner hair care set.
- Hittle Buick oil change.
- Cutie Girlz hair accessories.
- Arcanum Lanes 2 hours of bowling (up to 4 people) includes shoes x4.
- Serendipity Salon hair cut and nails.
- Modern Impressions gift.
- Basket Full of Cherries handmade Infinity Scarf & Key Fob by Mandy Flatter.
- Mandy Troutwine handmade scarfs and crocheted pot scrubbies.
- Lia Sophia bracelet by Shala Urlage.
- Origami Owl locket and necklace by Shyra Smith.
- 31 gifts tote and rosette clip, scarf, organizing pocket folder by Darcy Woodall
- 31 gifts organizing tote by Laura Vanhoose
- Farmer Brown Restaurant gift certificate (x2)
- Cut, Curl & Tan it Here Gel Nail Set (they are on facebook)
- Pampered Chef brownie pan, mini serving spatula, cookbook by Mandy Flatter
- Mary Kay gift set by Angie Cates
- All American Clothing Co. Items
- Decorative bear by The Olde Porch
- Graves Fearon Nationwide Insurance-$25 gift card from The Olive Garden and $25 gift card from Outback (graves fearon is on fb and I am sure they have a website too justdon’t know it)
- Brittany Carol Photography-30 minute mini photo session
- Melaleuca gift basket by Stephanie Lind
- Baker Balm handmade “all natural” lip balm gift sets by Tonya Baker.
- Yes Deere gift basket with theatre tickets, purse, & scarf.
- Sunoco Gas Station gas card
- Picnics Pizza $25 gift certificate
What is the Tour De Donut?
The Tour De Donut is a unique bicycle event where the ability to eat donuts is just as importance as the rider`s ability to ride their bicycle fast. It is a 30 mile course that features donut stops. For each donut a rider eats, it subtracts 5 minutes from their ride time. The event features many awards such as most donuts eaten, best time, and best costume. It is truly a unique experience.
Joining the Cause
A section dedicated to USA made clothing items from All American Clothing Co. will be featured in “The Peddling Coffee Shop.” Proceeds from each item sold will also be donated to The Arcanum Early Learning Center.