Fall is almost here! I can tell because my mother has her house already themed with fall colors and she has been baking nothing but fall foods all week! So in essence of fall, I have asked her to share one of her apple pie recipes (apparently she has two?). It was tough to get it from her because she keeps recipes sacred but I somehow succeeded. Here is the recipe! Enjoy.
2 9-inch pie crusts (one for the top crust, one for the bottom crust) 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg Dash of salt 2 tablespoons butter 6 cups thinly sliced and cored apple.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt. Stir in the apples.
3. Place into pie crust, dot with butter. Cover with top crust, and slit evenly to let steam escape. Seal the top crust to the bottom by pinching the edges together.
3. Cover edge of the crust with a three inch strip of aluminum foil.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes, until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through top.